Thursday, January 6, 2011

Just Checking In

Monkey had his placement meeting with Child Find this week and will be starting preschool for 2 1/2 hours a day, 4 days a week before the month is out. I know it's what I wanted, for both him and me, but I'm still having a hard time wrapping my mind around just handing him off to someone everyday. (Breathe McCall.) It will be good for him as he will get more speech therapy than he is now and it'll be good for us because it's free which his current therapy is not.

The last three months of speech pretty much ate up my budget for the party I'd mentally been planning for Monkey's 3rd birthday and we had to decide not to do it. I know his development is more important than a party he won't remember but I'm bummed that we were too broke to throw it. The Hubs student loans can't come soon enough!

Anyway, my point is that with Monkey doing his thing I will be able to put some time into my own goal of crafting more. I am planning to spend the first week or two clearing out the garage (yes it's THAT bad!) so I can have some space to use my saws and other awesome tools and then I'll start re-purposing some goodwill buys or something. I started this blog for just that reason so I'm excited to finally get the ball rolling!

My goals is to start blogging AT LEAST twice a week once Monkey starts school. I'll write about my building and crafting projects of course but also about life as wife and mom. One of my new year's resolutions is to cook a new meal at least once a week. I imagine I'll post about those too, though most likely it'll just be links to other people's recipes because that's how I roll. For instance this week I made this (with some adaptations around what was already in my fridge) and it was super yummy!

So that's all. I just wanted to check in with the blogosphere and make it known that though I haven't posted in a while, I will be again soon.

Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. I know you were bummed about lack of Bugs party but perhaps we can do a very merry un-birthday for you both before you guys jet off to Portland this summer. It will be good for you guys to have him in school and I have a long list of things I need you to get to work on in the garage!

    ReplyDelete